18 February 2014

NaHaiWriMo prompt: burrito

playing air tambourine
my daughter's nativity
sings an old favourite


The old favourite being the infant nativity staple "Little Donkey" of course - the literal translation of burrito.

My guess is this was posted after a cartoon referring to 2012's infamous nachos prompt drew a reply that "burrito" was still possible.

This one was a late one for me. I thought about being wrapped up like a burrito and there are several attempts in my notebook along the lines of how similarly my daughters sleep, rolled up in their duvets, despite having vastly different personalities.

Another one came to me from an experience in early 90s Manchester, meeting a space cadet coming back from a rave:


acid house
he asks if my colours
are on the inside


2 comments:

Frank... said...

Hi David: two very contrasting haiku - both work very well...

Dave Serjeant said...

Thank you Frank.

all works are copyright, © David Serjeant. If you plan to use any of the work here, I will probably have no problem with that if you credit me as the author, link to this blog and let me know first. Thank you!

background image: beeley moor spin photo © David Serjeant