7 February 2014

NaHaiWriMo prompt: box (part two)

equalities lecture
the speaker ticking
all the boxes


I tick one or two boxes myself, by the way. I work for a large local authority and every few years you get sent on the odd training course revolving around equalities. I don't mind as it gets me away from my desk for a day and I get to meet people in other departments. I'm also a bit of a leftie, so these courses are like preaching to the converted when it comes to me. The last time I went on equalities training, the facilitator was a black lesbian with a walking stick. She was very good - she obviously spoke from experience and she made what can sometimes be a dry subject very interesting.

No comments:

all works are copyright, © David Serjeant. If you plan to use any of the work here, I will probably have no problem with that if you credit me as the author, link to this blog and let me know first. Thank you!

background image: beeley moor spin photo © David Serjeant