11 February 2014

NaHaiWriMo prompt: biscuit

bakery trip
the time it takes to choose
her usual treat



Another one which came to me this morning. I usually take my youngest to the bakery after her gymnastics class at the weekend and, after much deliberation, she always chooses a gingerbread minion biscuit.

All night I had been grappling with ideas reflecting that I've recently re-discovered malted milk biscuits (the ones with the cows embossed on them). They have become my favourites simply because they instantly take me back to being a four year old.

There is much scribbling out in my notebook with the following as perhaps the latest version:

a secret portal
to my pre-school -
malted milks


No comments:

all works are copyright, © David Serjeant. If you plan to use any of the work here, I will probably have no problem with that if you credit me as the author, link to this blog and let me know first. Thank you!

background image: beeley moor spin photo © David Serjeant