6 February 2012

NaHaiWriMo #6

prompt: frame

the broken panes
of the old greenhouse -
still the new shoots


Well, it's day 6 of NaHaiWriMo and I'm starting to get into it. This one was a bit tricky (though not as tricky as catfish) and my thoughts turned to my allotment.

It has been a useful exercise as I have hit a writer's block recently and this has (so far) sorted me out. I'm not disappointed with any of the haiku yet, though there are another 23 prompts on the way, of which there are bound to be a few duff ones. I look forward to the daily prompts and it helps to get me off to sleep at night, pondering them.

I have a notebook next to the bed.

For further details - if you have a Facebook account, simply search for "NaHaiWriMo" and you will find one of the multilingual pages.

3 comments:

Frank... said...

Your haiku is a good combo of old & new, Dave...

Nicole Hyde said...

Love the haiku!

Dave Serjeant said...

Thanks!

all works are copyright, © David Serjeant. If you plan to use any of the work here, I will probably have no problem with that if you credit me as the author, link to this blog and let me know first. Thank you!

background image: beeley moor spin photo © David Serjeant